Donate an object
Public donations and bequests are welcome if you have something that you think would be a valuable addition to the collections please download, fill out and return an Object Donation Form (see bottom of page) to our Curator at Curator@meaa.org.uk.
Please note that for security and public accountability reasons, we only accept written offers for object donations. We are unable to accept objects brought directly to the museum without prior arrangement with the Curator.
When contacting the Curator about an object please provide as much information as possible, such as origin, age, size, material, maker’s name if known, pictures of the object etc.
We will consider all objects carefully to establish whether MEAA is the best place to host them.
Objects of interest
- We are particularly interested in applied arts from the following East and South East Asian countries and regions: China, Korea, Japan, Mongolia, Tibet and the Himalayan region, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Burma, Indonesia.
- Objects can date from pre-history to the present
- We do not normally accept paintings, prints, textiles, rare books or documents
- Due to collections policy limitations and constraints on storage and display spaces, we cannot accept everything offered to the museum.
- The Museum cannot accept objects whose provenance cannot be traced back to 1970, in accordance with the UNESCO’s 1970 convention.