In line with the latest advice from Public Health England and the interest of the health and well-being of our visitors, volunteers and staff, the Museum is closed until further notice, due to the current uncertainty created by Coronavirus.
Staff will continue to work behind the scenes in preparation for our reopening in due course.
Where we are
We are opposite the Assembly Rooms Bath (Fashion Museum), next to The Circus and near the Royal Crescent, just a 10 minute walk from The Roman Baths and 15-20 minutes’ walk uphill from bus and train stations.
The Bath Hop-on Hop-off Tour Bus stops outside our door. You can take advantage of our Tour Bus 2 for 1 offer by showing your ticket at our reception.
To view a map and for more information see
- Tuesday – Friday
- 11:00 – 17:00 (from 1 Nov 2019)
- 10:00 – 17:00 (from 1 Nov 2019)
Last admission at 16:30
Closed Sundays and Mondays, Bank Holiday Mondays
Christmas to New Year closure: 22 December 2019 – 1 Jan 2020
Please note that admission prices are currently reduced due to the closure of the first floor galleries.
- Under 18
- Student with valid ID
- Friends of MEAA
- B&NES Discovery Card & Season Ticket holders
- 50% discount
- ArtFund National Art Pass
We also offer a range of other discounted prices. Please contact us to find out more.
We do not offer group discounts. However we can arrange bespoke sessions for groups with special interests. Activities could include, but are not limited to: handling sessions, curator’s tour with special focus on a particular area of interest.
Advance booking for group visits is required.
Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44(0) 1225 464640
- We have lift access to all floors
- A wheelchair and a ramp is available for visitors to use, however we cannot provide staff to push the wheelchair
- We have a disabled access toilet located at basement level of the building
- Admission is free for accompanying carer(s)
- Guide dogs are allowed in the building